Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Interactive World History Topic (Blog #5)




I am going to open it up for debate on whatever topic you want to blog about. Pick a WORLD HISTORY related topic and state your opinion/thoughts on that topic. Your topic could be tied to anything that is happening in the world today and relate it back to what took place in history. Then look around at your classmates blogs and comment/reply to their post. Agree/disagree, let them know your opinion/thoughts on their topic. Make sure you pick out 2 of your classmates and respond to their post. (You will get 1 point for your post, and 1 each for your responses to your classmates.) Good luck!


Due: Sunday 9/25/11 by no later than 11:59 p.m.

29 comments:

Taylor E. said...

In Libya they are trying to overthrow Moammar Gadhafi, like in the 1600's when the Puritans overthrew King Charles the first. I think they had good reasons for overthrowing their government. Maybe they don't like the way their government works,however I do believe that it's possible to overthrow a person in power without all the fighting.

Michaela W said...

In France there is the palace at Versailles. I personly think it's WAY overdone! They could of spent that money else where to help the contry at war or give the poor food! It is said that it took so much water to run all the fountains at once that it was only done for special events! Its beautiful but very very uneeded!!!!

Anonymous said...

When they publicy kill Osama Bin Laden. They killed Charles I in public they wanted him dead, but some didn't. That's in the same case as in Osama a lot of people wanted him to be gone, he caused a lot of grief. I just thought of this when I heard anbout Charles I.

Michaela W said...

Like Taylor E. said they have good reasons to overthrow! It's always for the better! I also agree there does not have to be sooooo much fightin!!!!

Michaela W said...

I agree with Jenna Everyone wanted Osama to die...just like they wanted Charles1 to die! So they did it the only thing is Osama didnt get killed publicly like Charles did.

Kaden E. said...

Overthrowing a king in the 1600s was different then how it is today. In our time technology helped countries such as Egypt, libya, and Siberia. In the 1600s though the overthrowing of a king or monarch would take a lot longer and have to build up over time. Some similaraties from the 1600s and now are that a civil war can break out and be very bloody.

Kaden E. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kyle P. said...

In the last few years the United States and the world has had some tough economic times. Economies have crashed and dollar values have gone down. Jobs have been lost and many are in poverty. The U.S. has accumulated enough debt that it's to hard to pay back. This is all like times in the 1600 and 1700s when Spanish rulers spent to much money on royalties and things that werent as important. They acquired debt and eventually failed.

Taylor E. said...

To Michaela I couldn't have said it better myself! The palace of Versailles is probably way overdone. It is beautiful and uneeded.

Lane G. said...

The English Civil War was between supporters and opponents of King Charles. That is sort of whats going on today in Libya, with leader Moammar Gadhafi. There are the rebels and supporters of Gadhafi, in this war. Hopefully the outcome is in favor of the rebels.

Kaden E. said...

To Michaela;

I agree the palace at Versailles was a waste of money and could go to help the country. The palace did show power though and showed his country who was boss

Lane G. said...

To Michaela:

Country

Personally

Taylor E. said...

To Jenna I agree that most everyone wanted Osama dead, but I wouldn't say he was killed publicly. It was a good thought though.

Alberto G said...

Our president is just like a constitutional monarch because they both have limited power. So our president needs to check with congress to pass some stuff. And the constitution monarch had to follow the parliaments power. I think it's good that they do this because then they wont be able to do everything how they want.

Anonymous said...

king Charles is always wanting more money but gets mad when its not given. When people today want money from our pay checks even though some things benefit us the money taken for taxes if put to uneeded use alot of the time. They need to use it for the stuff we need not want and that is what will help us in the long run. And i think it helped Charles because he couldnt get everything he wanted.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kyle P. said...

The palace at Versailles was way over done. It showed the power of the absolute monarch but angered the people because the ruler was being wasteful. Taylor's point is exactly right because history does repeat itself but hopefully we can learn from what they did and profit from it.

Lane G. said...

to Taylor E

Thats exactly the same. As what is going on in Libya

Just call me 'Chuck' said...

I'm sort of agreeing with both Michael and Taylor E. on this. Yes, the Libyans do have a good reason to overthrow Gadhafi. Bad guy, bad ruler, we all get that and I for one say go for it. And yeah, that does relate to King Charles who was also a very bad a selfish ruler. But I'm also going to look at the big picture here. Just like I'm sure the people were questioning who was going to take over for Charles and if they were going to be a good ruler; who's going to take over for Gadhfi? They could be just as worse.

Colter G said...

King Charles was always in need of money. This is kind of like the world now . We are in need of money to bye all sorts of thing.

Kaden E. said...

to Kyle;

The money that the monarchs spent money stupidly. In America though we have spent some money stupidly, but some of the money we used as a help for a good cause.

Colter G said...

to andie
i agree 100%

Colter G said...

i agree with jenna to but i wish he was embaressed infront of everyone.

Anonymous said...

Osama Bin Laden, got killed in public and he was like the head of everyone. Then he is just like Charles I, they were both the head of something, and they both did something wrong and they got killed in public.

Anonymous said...

Like what Taylor E. said it is always good to overthrow someone who isnt doing the right thing. They shouldnt be the King or head of whatever it is, Because they cant control it so they shouldnt be head.
Like Michaela said the money could have been used to help out the country at war. Like they could buy better weapons. Also the fountains it is uneeded, so they could have spent the money on something else instead of the fountains.

Taylor G. said...

habeas corpus was created back in the old days(1679). We still have this law in our constitution today. This law is the same from back then and now cause it still gives EVERY prisoner the right to obtain a writ or document ordering that the prisoner be brought before a judge to specify the charges against the prisoner.

Taylor G. said...

I agree with Michaela, everthing that went into the palace at Versailles could have went toward helping their country in so many other ways!

Taylor G. said...

I agree with Andrea, it was a good idea that the parliament made charles sign a petition agreeing to many things that he said he would do, before they gave him anymore money. He was a pretty wasteful person.

Anonymous said...

I agree with taylor E because they did have good reasons for overthrowing king charles and then moammar gadhafi because after all its whats best for the people!