
Pick a current event and relate it to world history. Also, state your opinion/thoughts on the current event. Your topic could be tied to anything that is happening in the world today and relate it back to what took place in history. Then look around at your classmates blogs and comment/reply to their post. Agree/disagree, let them know your opinion/thoughts on their topic. Make sure you pick out 2 of your classmates and respond to their post. (You will get 1 point for your post, and 1 each for your responses to your classmates.) Good luck!
Due: By Sunday 1/15/12 by no later than 11:59 p.m.
29 comments:
Well the indutrialization in England is a topic, and how i will relate it to now is how most African countries are unindustrialized. This happened because the word of it didn't spread there. That's also the same with some Caribbean, and Southern American countries.
Lane Gascoigne
The child labor laws, they had one back then, and even today they're trying to enforce one upon us. I don't think this is a good idea. Most businesses have an age limit to who can work and what age, so that it's not hurting you like it happened bakc then.
Obama is wanting more and more power! It's like in France when the Kings and Queens just wanted more and more! Obama makes bad choices just like the Kings and Queens.
The current presidential poles can relate to past ones except many presidents in the past fight for the good of their country and defending it i think Obama just wants to be noticed and thought of he doesnt care about the country necessarily is what i think.
Jenna: Child Labor laws are a big issue because it still happens in many countries today.
Michaela-
I agree with yours because Obama does want more power so more people will think he is trying to make good when all he does is say he is gonna do something then never does it!
Lane, I agree and think that a very good point.
Michaela, yes! Haha I do think Obama keeps wanting more and he sucks!
All the people running for president. They get really competitive with eachother cause they all want the power after Oboma. It's like in the old days cause everyone wanted power so they didnt have to live in poor conditions.
Jenna-
I agree with yours because i think their shouldn't be child labor laws because its like their abusing children.
1. I agree with Lanes some countries are now just starting to reform.
2. I agree with Andie...Obama is bad and doesn't really care! He needs to put his money where his mouth is!
Michaela: when i first read yours I thought you we're talking about present-day France. I am now mistaken...
But on the topic, I think you are wrong(no offense). Just because Obama to me is a worthy president.
The change of industrialization is still going on in mexico because although it has many industries including automotive, steel or aircraft plants established on its soil, as a whole Mexico is not fully industrialized. There are many products that are still in handcraft sale.
The governer who pardoned 200 people in a state was smart and not smart. In one way it creates jobs and people get the right to vote. But in a bad way there are four mudures running around. I think he should of went through and carefully picked which people would be best to be pardoned. Not ones who could be dangerous. Like in Europe when people were speaking out against there government and thrown into jail. Some were pardoned but others were executed.
Obama is asking the congress for more power to merge together 6 companies to save money and help consumers. The way this is related to history is that the last president to have this kind of power was Ronald Reagan.
Michaela: He is asking for more power so we can benefit, yes kings and queens made bad choices but not all of them did. He's at least trying to benefit the people.
Jenna: I think child labor laws are a good thing, I agree that seems a little pointless when a buisness probably wouldn't hire unless you were a certain age... but that's due to child labor laws
Just as there was class tension during the Industrial Revolution, there is class tension today. The March on Wall Street people are mad at the well-to-do because they have more money than they do. As a result they rebel. And their rebelling consists of camping out in parks and messing them up, doing drugs, yelling and turning on policemen and yelling at little kids as they go to school.
Lane I almost did the same thing as you, but you are right
To lame I mean Lane
Haiti is a good example of an undustrialized country. They were bad before the earthquake now there worse but things are getting better.
Michaela
I dont know what you are saying....
Jenna, Child Labor laws are still a problem in some places and it's sad that it hasnt's changed yet!
Mik, Oboma and the King and Queens are a lot alike cause they do have a ton of power!
Andie
I dont think Obama is going to win the next alection. The republican nominees are to popular.
Summer Jobs of 2012.. Businesses! Non-profits! Government! President Barack Obama has issued a call-to-action to business leaders and communities to join his Administration in Summer Jobs, a joint initiative to proved hundreds of thousands of summer jobs for low-income and disconnect youth of America.witch also means kids working on a farm or ranch could lose thier job or get low payment (below average)
Lane: Good point about African countries. I never really thought of that.
Jenna: I totally agree with you. The child labor laws they're trying to pass on us now are so completely stupid. OBAMA NEEDS TO STEP OFF!!!
1) The shipreck by New Zeland spilling oil all over the ocean is bad for the environment, and costing millions of dollars. This relates back in history to when the titantic capsized in the fact that there was poor choices made by the captians of the ships.
I agree with Lane and think that is a very good point.
Jenna you spelled bakc it should be back* but you are right there should be no child labor laws
Colter: I say what the government is doing is bull crap, all it will do is screw up the economy even more.
Michaela: Obama is a terrorist, he is trying to take over our government completely.
Today is MLK Jr. Day. We have a black president. I think this is a good time to look back and see how far we have come as a country, especially for African-Americans and to see how/what people have done to get to where we are today.
Yes, countries are still diverse throughout the world on how some are industrialized and some are hardly at all.
I agree with Michaela, but we are supposed to have certain laws to stop things like that from happening. i just hope we can follow our own laws and that we stick to the basis on which our country was founded.
Post a Comment