Thursday, December 1, 2011

Interactive World History Topic (Blog #15)




I am going to open it up for debate on whatever topic you want to blog about. Pick a WORLD HISTORY related topic and state your opinion/thoughts on that topic. Your topic could be tied to anything that is happening in the world today and relate it back to what took place in history. Then look around at your classmates blogs and comment/reply to their post. Agree/disagree, let them know your opinion/thoughts on their topic. Make sure you pick out 2 of your classmates and respond to their post. (You will get 1 point for your post, and 1 each for your responses to your classmates.) Good luck!


Due: Sunday 12/4/11 by no later than 11:59 p.m.

38 comments:

Kaden E. said...

Sending troops home from Iraq is a good idea.Soldiers will get to go home and see there families. We have accomplished our goal over there and it is time to pull out. Hopefully the troops will make it home before Christmas, and enjoy the holidays.

Alberto G said...

Kaden I agree with you it's time they got home

MaceyS said...

I think it is Barack Obama and Napolean because they are both bad leaders. Both of there soliders suffered a downfall, and they have lost many lives.

Anonymous said...

I think that Napolean and Barack Obama are both bad leaders, they like to dictate. Obama is trying to pass a Child Labor Law, and that says that children can't work with livestock, and that they can't be around it. And Napolean won't allow livestock to be traded throught the blockade.

MaceyS said...

Kaden i also agree with yours it is time to send our soliders home!

Anonymous said...

Kaden I agree, and Macey, I also agree its very true, but also debatable.

MaceyS said...

Jenna i agree with yours 100% we should be able to work on the farms with our family!

Kaden E. said...

Jenna I never heard about that law.I think its a dumb law and hopefully wont pass.

Michaela W said...

I will relate the revelutions in Egypt and Libia to the French revoultion. In the french revoultion Napolian took over and got alot of land! it will be intresting to see if that happens now! Will history repeat itself?

Colter G said...

Im going to relate pulling troops out of Iraq to napoleons low number of troops. What if while we are pulling out troops there is an attack and they have to turn the plane/boat around and send them right back to help fight. we would spend more money and the workd would be in more debt. But unlike back then we have ways to keep troops healthy. we still have the advantage of putting troops back.

Taylor G. said...

The guillotine was used back in the "old days" to kill people in a efficient, humane,and democratic way. We still kill people for their wrong doings just in a different way. Now the way people are killed would be the electric chair,gasing,and lethal injection.

Andrea H. said...

macey i love your comment obama is terrible!!! (secret terorist)

Lane G. said...

Napoleon's reign so to speak is somewhat like Hitler's reign. Napoleon wanted to make France the top country in Europe and Hitler wanted to do the same but with Germany. Although Napoleon was much weaker, the ideas were the same. And i realize that this isnt something today.

Colter G said...

i agree with kaden and michaela...

Mason L said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lane G. said...

Mine is better Alberto
But i agree

Michaela W said...

Kaden i agree with you! Its time to come home!

macey agreed 100% bad leaders! Lost to many lives! we need a new leader!

Alberto G said...

Hey Lane how's it going and we talked about the same thing so I agree

Taylor G. said...

Jenna, I have never heard of that law and I don't know why it's such a big deal..

Lane G. said...

Kaden. i agree its been too long

Mason L said...

If the new child labor law would pass it would kill the economy like Napoleans blockade killed Europes economy.

Kaden E. said...

Taylot. There are some weird ways that people are executed. Id rather not have my head chopped off, shot at, gased, or electricuted.

Andrea H. said...

i think they should send troops home from iraq because enough is enough already so yes there is a war going on but does it really have to go this far i mean seriously its sickining to me that there are people dying every day over something like this that could be settled in a calm manner if people were reasonable!

Taylor E. said...

America is suffering financially again as they did in the great depression in the 1920's.

Kaden- I agree it's time to bring the troops home!

Jenna- I disagree, I think you're biased just because you grew up on a farm. There is a bigger picture and I think you're missing it. Also I don't see any connection to Obama and Napolean.

Lane G. said...

Its going good man, how are you bert?

Taylor G. said...

Kaden, I agree with you 100%

Alberto G said...

good lane We have to go to art now

Taylor G. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mason L said...

Kaden
Yeah, it is a good idea, but telling people that the troops are being sent home could result in Iraq being attacked right after we leave.

Alberto G said...

Yeah... Cat Daddy!

Lane G. said...

I go to work, to do my wheelchair stunt.

Mason L said...

Jenna,
Obamas child labor law is bull dung, it would kill the economy because farmers wouldnt be able to get as much done because they would have to do more themselves.

Just call me 'Chuck' said...

Let's compare the march of Wall Street people to the people fighting against Napoleon. And I am so sorry if I get blunt here.

First of all, let's get what they have in common out of the way. And what they have in common is one thing, plain and simple. They're fighting aginst something. But what they're fighting against is two entirely separate matters.

And that's leads us into the contrasts. Whoo-hoo! This is gonna be fun for me!

All right, here we go. The people who were fighting against Napoleon were fighting for their country. Napoleon was taking them over, threatening them, and basically oppressing them it sounds like, which is what he was fighting against in the very beginning when he was put in power.
The March all Wall Street people are a bunch of left-wing, whack-jobs who are fighting against inequality, also known as, the rich having more money than they do. So really all these people are saying is: " We're fighting against the rich people because they're successful and we just sit around on our butts all day and suck at life!" And while they're sitting out in some public park, messing things up, getting high, assulting people and yelling at kids on their way to school, they're expecting us to hand them everything!
And opposers of Napoleon weren't Communists! Have you noticed what the MOWS have on their banners! Workers World Party?! That is a sugar coat for communism!
These people aren't fighting for their country! They don't have nationalism! Heck,in all honesty, I'll bet some of 'em don't even know what they're fighting against! And if any of you want to tell me that the MOWS are no different than the Tea Party people, I'll be more than happy to discuss it.

Just call me 'Chuck' said...

Jenna, I think you know how I feel about the Child Labor Law. It is the stupidest idea in the history of sutid ideas and I really hope people are smart enough not to pass it.

Just call me 'Chuck' said...

Taylor G., you do a good job in relating the guillotine to the way we kill people today. The thing is though, is that nobody uses the death penatly anymore. Now it's just a life sentence which really doesn't do anything except take up space.

Kyle P. said...

Your right Ka.den, they should come home

Kyle P. said...

Sending the troops home is a great idea. THey have been in Iraq for a long time and it's time they take control of there own government and send U.S. troops home.

Kyle P. said...

I think Napolean and the U.S. are similar. We have a democracy but yet we are kind of the center of the world. Our economy has crashed and others around the world are doing the same. Plus we have troops in alot of different countries and have a huge and expensive army.