Monday, August 22, 2011

Welcome Back / Absolute Monarchies (Blog #1)




1). Welcome back for another exciting year! I hope your summer went well and you had time to do whatever it is you do. For this first blog assignment, you are to tell a little bit about your summer. Did you go on vacation, if so where? Work, doing what? Anything that you did this summer that your classmates may, or may not know. If you are new, introduce yourself.

2). What are the benefits and drawbacks (good and bad) for a society when a ruler monopolizes (has complete control over) important decision-making, like that of an absolute monarch?


Due: Sunday 8/28/11 by no later than 11:59pm

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

1). I went camping this summer I babsat, and worked with my 4-H calves a lot over the summer. I went camping in Burwell up at Calamus.

2). The benefits are people are in control of you so its less stress on your part. The drawbacks would be you can't control what others are doing to you, and you can't make your own decisons!

MaceyS said...

1). What idid this summer was stay in Albion with my mom and i played softball all summer pretty much. Then i came back and worked with my dad at the ranch working cattle and bailing hay. It was a lot of fun.

2). Benefits, other people are in control of you so it is less stressfull on you. Drawbacks, you really can't control other people they can go whatever they want pretty much. You can't control what people do to you. So you cant really control what you make for your decisons.

Michaela W said...

1. I went to D.C with you!! I also hungout with friends alot. Spent time with family and had alot of fun!!

2. I dont think there is any good parts of haveing one person rule all. The draw backs are we dont get a say in what goes on we just have to deal with it!!! That is really no good!!!

Taylor G. said...

1- I went tubing/camping at the Niabrara river. I also hungout with friends a ton:) my job was babysitting.

2.) The benifits would be that you don't have as much stress worring about every little thing. The drawbacks would be that you can't make your own decisions for yourself.

Kaden E. said...

1). My summer was very long I worked out at a ranch. My family didnt go on much of a vacation but we made many trips to Crete, Lincoln, Alliance, and Omaha to get away or to see relatives.

2). Some benefits of having an absolute ruler would be that there would never be an argument over a big decsion. Some bad things would be that the people would never get a say in anything and would have to do anything the monarch said. The people wouldnt have much freedom and have to listen to him like he was a god.

Kyle P. said...

1). I went to Worlds and Oceans of fun for vaction. I worked for Jenkins on their ranch. Everybody pretty much knows what I did.


2). It could be very bad if this person had bad morales and doesnt know how to run a country. Plus people wouldn't be able to have a say in what the country does. Some benefits could come if this ruler has good morales and is prosperous for the country.

Taylor E. said...

1.)I did alot of camping this summer. I went tubing down the Niobrara. I worked as a lifeguard at the pool this summer. I babysat a little bit.

2.)The benefits would be you would have less worry and stress in your life. Drawbacks would be you wouldn't be able to make your own decisions, you would have zero control over anything. Your opinion doesn't even matter.

Alberto G said...

1). No I did not go on vacation but my parents went to Utah.I didn't go to work either. No I did nothing that my classmates may know.

2). The good thing is you have no stress it's not your problem (most likely). The bad thing would be that you can't make your own decicion, you would have it made for you.

Just call me 'Chuck' said...

1). This summer was just like any other summer for me. I stayed home most days and "babysat" my goats to make sure they behaved. A lot of the time they have a tendency to be little demons. Probably the most fun I had this summer was going to the Burwell Rodeo with my mom's side of the family. It's always fun because it's about the only time I ever get to see them. 4-H wasn't too bad either, however it is starting to get a little old... and hot.

2). Some benefits would be the protection. The army would protect your people and your state. The drawbacks would be that everything was decided for you. And you would be put into a class, or "ranked" you could say and you wouldn't have any say in it. In other words; you wouldn't really have any control over your own life.

Anonymous said...

1.) i worked all summer and went to kansas City to visit my cousins. the pool was interesting this year and i plan to work there next year.
2.) i think the benefits are that sometimes your decisions arent going to benifit everyone so with rulers it is an advantage because they will try and please everyone. and the drawbacks are the rulers decision might not be the best for you.

Lane G. said...

1. For vacation I went on a 3 week trip to Europe. It was very fun but it's good to be back in the states.

2. The benefits of absolute monarchies are that things get done faster,and usually there is a stronger army. The drawbacks are that the people don't get to make decisions, and if the leader is unworthy it can ruin a nation.

Colter G said...

1. i worked alot this summer but i also had alot of time to hang out with friends.

2. advantages would be not haning to deal with all the stress. another is that not only would we not have to put up with all the arguments but mabey we wouldnt have to deal with all the debt the world is in. some disadvantges would be first of all a single ruler would not be any fun at all and if ypu want to give your in up it wpuldnt matter.

Mason L said...

1)On the first week out of school we finished loading a semi trailer with most of our belongings, went to Canada to go fishing. After that I had a pretty boring summer.

2)One benefit is the government provides security to everybody. One drawback is you can only control a couple of aspects of your life.