
1). Welcome back for another exciting year! I hope your summer went well and you had time to do whatever it is you do. For this first blog assignment, you are to tell a little bit about your summer. Did you go on vacation, if so where? Work, doing what? Anything that you did this summer that your classmates may, or may not know. If you are new, introduce yourself.
2). Watch this video by clicking on the hyperlink and then comment with your thoughts and opinions. http://www.toolsfortheclassroom.com/DYK_5_4_2009.wmv
3). What are the benefits and drawbacks (good and bad) for a society when a ruler monopolizes (has complete control over) important decision-making, like that of an absolute monarch?
Due: Sunday 8/29/10 by no later than 11:59pm
13 comments:
1. I'm painting my room i started it this summer its pink an black. other then that my summer sucked horribly.....i lost my dad.
2. I think it was very interesting
3. The good is that someone is in control all the time and they don't have to vote to make desicions, but the bad is that if people don't like the person in control that person will be hated and will probably end up getting hurt and the people of the world wont have a voice.
1. I worked all summer at CO-OP in the service station, and went camping and tubing at some lakes. Otherwise I really haven't done much this summer.
2. The video was very interesting, but it is very highly likely.
3. The benefits are that the economy can stay stable but drawbacks brings in little revenue to the people of the country so their is times when it has no middle class.
1.) This summer I didn't do a whole lot. I did get too hang out with my friend's and family though. I guess that migh count as a little something.
2.) I like the video. It is amazing!! Even though we already watched it in World History I watched it again.
3.) Benifits-- everything is very organized.
Drawbacks-- everything would be done by you and the people around you. You would always be on the move, working.
1). This summer I did a number of fun things. The most fun part of the summer for me was pobably going on vacation to visit my relatives in Texas. It was a long drive down but it was all worth it. Besides that, I went to weights most of the time and I also worked for Jim Jenkins a little bit.
2). I thought it was a very interesting video. It asked a lot of questions I had never even thought of. It had alot of facts that were new to to me. Also it reminded me how much the world is changing, and that we have to change with it.
3). I think that the benifits of having one ruler that has complete control is that the people don't have to think. If a terrible crisis happens and a no one knows what to do they can just turn to that one person to save them. A drawback is that the sumpreme ruler might not be solving problems the way everyone else wants. Or, the ruler might be a terrible person, and make decisions bassed on what he/she thinks rather than his/her people.
1.I went to Wy. with youth group. I also got a job as a lifeguard this summer.
2.I thought this video was very interesting, because it was talking about technology.
3.I don't know if there is any good to it, because the people have no say in really anything. Also they could become very rebliuos, and violent if they don't get a say in
1.) This summer,my family and I went on vacation to South Dakota. Half way through the summer I started working at co-op. I also took a trip down to Hampton as I do every year.
2.)They said a lot of things that I really wasn't aware of or didn't really stop to think about. The video had a good amount of information on it.
3.)The benefits for having a ruler with complete control is if you have a problem you can take it directly to him instead of having to wait for the government to feel the same as you. The drawbacks of having a ruler is he may make decisions that you didn't necessarily want/need.
1). I went to freeman, SD and ate hot wings their then moved on to fargo, SD to visit my sister and her 2 babys.
2). I believe that this video is very true and personaly watching T.V. helps me when im doing my homework.
3). The drawbacks are that the people have no voice in any important decisions that they should have a say in. And i see no benefits from having 1 person in control of your life.g
1) This summer I mostly worked and did sports stuff like weights and camps. My family did not go on a vacation, but we did go to the Custer County fair, which is kind of like a vacation. As far as work, I sprayed thistles for Brent Dittmar, mowed, and helped my dad when I got the chance. My class mates may not know that I got ran over by a steer and broke 13 bones and bruised my ribs really bad. They also might not know that I just made that up.
2) This video was very interesting and thought provoking. It really opened my eyes on how fast the world is advancing. It also made me think wonder what life was like before all this technology and advancements, because its been like this my whole life.
3) Some benefits of a monarchy include: the ability to make decisions quickly, and the ability to be powerful and commanding in places such as the military. Some of the drawbacks include: the monarch can make any decision even if it is against the will of their people, and also, once the monarch is killed the country is in complete chaos until another ruler takes over.
1) Went to Illinois for my cousin's wedding.Went to my sister's rodeos. I had to babysit and then work with my dad And mow.
2) I thought it was a good video, it didn't surprise me when it said 75% of students had IM accounts.
3) A benefit would be, it's put together or organized good, with someone with complete control. And a drawback would be you couldn't make decisions by yourself.
1. this summer the closest to a vacation I got was a day off. I ave worked for may dad for 4 summers now. working from sunup to sundown. I have actually shot in competitive shooting. I have pleased myself and others.
2. My first thought after viewing the video was that some people might be scared of what the future beholds. They might be scared at how fast and uncontrollable the technology will become.
3. Benefits: It wouldn't take as long for a law or rule to become in affect. Their wouldn't be any arguments between the people because no matter the law it is still in affect and their is nothing they can do about it.
Drawbacks: Nobody gets their way. You can become practically a slave.
1.we want on vacation to the niobrara river with haden and his family. worked most of the summer far walt.
2.i thought is was amasing to know how much the internet is taking over.
3.I think some benefits for having an absolute monarch are people don't have to go through the voting process, they can just let is happen. some drawback for this is that person in cotrol could be the last person on the worlds mind an be hated by the entire country.
1.I did a lot of sleeping and haning out with friends. And I also went fishing I cought 2 fish they were a walleye and a sucker.
2.It was interesting is what i think.
3.Some good things are that the colonies don't have to worry as much about money problems as the rulers do.Some bad things are the rulers would use a lot of money they don't have.
1.I WENT BACKIN FORTH TO OKLAHOMA VISITING FAMILY,I ALSO WENT TO KANSAS TO MY FAMILY REUNION,AND HUNG OUT WITH FRIENDS 2. I THOUGHT THE VIDEO WAS INTERESTING
Post a Comment