Monday, November 9, 2009

Veteran's Day (Blog #12)

Whether it's peacetime or wartime, it's always important to understand that Veterans Day means more than just a program at the school. Patriotism is a value that must be taught and modeled for students and adults alike. By taking some time to give this sentiment even deeper meaning in the classroom, a deeper foundation will be built to be a proud and contributing citizens of our country.


Your Assignment:
*Answer three of the five questions. If you want to answer them all, go right ahead*

What do you think Veteran's Day is for?
Why is it important?
What does the word 'veteran' mean?
Do you have any relatives or acquaintances that are veterans?
Have they heard any first-person stories about wartime?


******Do not forget that these individuals who are fighting right now are heroes who will be honored during future Veterans Day celebrations after finishing their service.******


Due: Sunday 11/15/09 by no later than 11:59pm

15 comments:

Abbi said...

I think Veterans Day is for all the people that served our country in every war. It's important becasue if we didn't have the soldiers then our country wouldn't be successful, i mean we could be run by the Japanesse or something but millions of men and women go out into duty and fight for us. I only have a cousin in the Iraq war right now if that counts.

Abbi said...

I think Veterans Day is for all the people that served our country in every war. It's important becasue if we didn't have the soldiers then our country wouldn't be successful, i mean we could be run by the Japanesse or something but millions of men and women go out into duty and fight for us. I only have a cousin in the Iraq war right now if that counts.

Michala said...

1. I think Veteran's Day is for all those that have served our country and have risked their lifes for our freedom.
2. It is important because other countries should be allowed to have freedoms like us. They also protect our country.
3. The word 'veteran' means:a person who has served in a military force, esp. one who has fought in a war.

Melissa said...

Veteran's Day is the day where we honor and respect those who have served and died in wars.

It is important because we do not properly recgonize the veterans.

My grandpa served in the Vietnam War. My uncle served in the Vietnam War. My aunt served and died in the Iraq War. And my mom's dad served in the Vietnam War.

Kelsey T said...

Veterans day is important because it is a day that we remember all the people that helped us in war.

I think veterans day is to remmember all the people that served in war.

Yes my dad was in the national guards as a amo specialist.

Zane said...

I think Veterans Day is to honor all those who have served.
I have a uncle and both my grandpas served.
I think its important because we need to honor those who risked there lives for us to be free.

Jessica said...

I think that veterans day is here to honor the soldiers and to make them feel more inportant. Yes my Grandpa is a veteran. the word vetran means a person who has worked or done a job for a period of time.

Anonymous said...

1-to thank the heros that faught for our freedom
2-because they faught for our freedom
3-my grandpa was in the national guard and dirk stryker was a marine i think

aaron said...

1. So you can remember the veterans and what they did.
2. It is important to rember them because they protect us.
3. Yes my uncle was a marine.

codyr said...

to honor our vetrans

we need to remember what they did for us

my grandpa was a army cook

kylep said...

Yes I have family members that is a verteran.
I think that veterans day is to thanks everyone that has served in wars or that are in the military.
Yes I have heard a first person story of a wartime.

darcie kennedy said...

Veteran's day is to remember the people who died for our freedom's. Veteran means a former member of an armored service. My grandfather Kennedy was a veteran.

clintS said...

what so you think veteran's day is for? for those who served in the army and did time at the war or somthing.
why is it important? because they need to be menchend and they are great to us because thay put their lives on the line.
what does the word 'veterans' mean? it meas that someone served in the forces.

kristina said...

I think that it is for everyone in this country to honnor all the men and women that have surved for our country in the time of war. Also for those who have put there life at risk for us.

To show them that we care and that we thank them for all that they have done, to show that we aprciate what they do for us.

A veteran is a person who has or is serving in the armed forces, or a person who has had long service or experience in an occupation or office.

Yes i have grandparents, step father, brother and sister in law.

I dont know.

Sydney Owens said...

Veterans day is to honor all of the women and men that have fought in the wars.
It is important because it is somethings good todo for them that will make them feel good for what their doing fo ryour country.
Yes i have relatives that were veterans. ( Grandpa, Cassie, Britany)